Sunday 16 August 2015

8 QUESTIONS TO ASK IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE

8 QUESTIONS TO ASK IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE


By mindbodygreen.com - Dr Danielle Dowling

How much do you know about the deepest parts of you? Sure, you know your likes and dislikes, but what about the complex landscape of your heart? Getting to know yourself is one of life's most thrilling endeavors, and it's the only real path to a full life.
Here are 8 essential questions that will help you learn what you need to live your best life.
1. Is my life fun?
Many of us try to arrange fun, but miss the point by are over-planning it. (Weddings, for example, can turn into a lot of drama and debt.) Fun is about spontaneity. It seeks us out and our only job is to be ready! Think of your most joyous memories — most of them are probably of times you said yes to something unexpected. We have to make room for bliss to show up, and choose to embrace it when it does.
2. Am I waiting for my life to begin?
I used to tell myself, “When I graduate high school, my life will begin." “When I graduate college and get my first job my life will start.” “When I lose the weight, meet my life partner, and finally start my own business...”
When I imagined my real life, I was picturing a perfect me. The married, successful psychologist, deeply satisfied and eternally calm. Yes, I now have a strong marriage, a doctorate degree, and a successful career. But I'm still caught in bouts of self-doubt, anxiety and a scarcity mentality
Since I have achieved so much of what I set out to accomplish, my father has passed away and I lost another good friend to cancer. Having a few dreams come true does not make for a fantasy life. At 38 years old, this is my real life, and it is a mix of pleasure and pain. I embrace the gift of no longer waiting for the perfect me. Instead, I appreciate the one that is mine in all its complexity and imperfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment