Sunday 14 June 2015

HAVE YOU TRIED KALE CHIPS YET?

KALE CHIPS


I have seen a lot of posts recently about kale chips and how great they are so I thought I would try them myself and have a go at making them.  

They are not quite the same as a normal crisps but they do have the crunch and you can add lots of different flavours to them.  They are also nutritious too!

I added some turmeric and paprika along with some olive oil and celtic sea salt and pepper.  Start by preparing your kale.  Rip some leaves away from the stem, you want the leaves to be medium size, not too small.  Add all the ingredients and massage well into the kale.  Place onto a baking sheet and cook in the oven at 190 degrees for about 15 minutes.  Keep an eye on them as they can burn easily if left too long.

You could also add paprika with garlic powder or onion powder with some red pepper flakes.  

Here is a picture of mine that I made.  They are nearly gone now though,  They are really great in a salad.




No comments:

Post a Comment