Sunday 7 July 2013

EATING HEALTHY DOESN'T HAVE TO BE SO CONFUSING, DOES IT??!!!

I was wandering round my local supermarket the other day and I was trying to take in all the different products on the shelves saying "low fat" or "low sugar" or "sugar free".  I don't know about you but I was completely overwhelmed.  Most of the low fat foods will not actually help you lose weight at all.  The list of ingredients in these foods is scary in itself.  How is the food industry being allowed to sell these products.  I really think that the message is slowly getting out now about eating well and not to buy all these pre-packaged foods.  I want everyone out there to realise that these pre-packaged foods are no good for you.  We can all feel a lot better from doing it.  You can make your own food from scratch.  Wouldn't it make you feel so much better knowing what you have actually put into your lasagne for instance! It will probably taste so much better as well.  I know that time is of the essence here and we all have busy lifestyles.  With a little bit of preparation and planning you can have time to cook for yourself.  You can make a large amount of soup or a stew and freeze it for another meal.  Do you have a slow cooker?   I think that these should be used more in the home now.  You can put your meat and veg into the slow cooker along with spices or sauces.  Flick the on button before you go off for the day and when you get home there is a meal ready and waiting for you. 

I would love to hear your comments.

Thanks for reading my blog
Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment