Tuesday 10 September 2013

WHAT DO YOU EAT FOR BREAKFAST?

Hi There


WHAT DO YOU EAT FOR BREAKFAST?


There are so many cereals on the shelves these days in our supermarkets eg, wholewheat cereal, muesli and chocolate cereals.  Which one would you choose?  Some promise to keep you full until lunch time and ones that say they are healthy and good for you.  I would personally stay away from these cereals.  They are very misleading and contain the wrong type of sugar which you don't want.  I have looked on the ingredients list of some of the muesli you can buy and most of them have way too much sugar in them.  I think the only cereal I would buy from a supermarket would be an organic muesli which has no added sugar and the only sugar in there is natural sugar from the fruit content.  I find that the health shops provide the better muesli and you can of course make your own which is lots of fun.

To make your own muesli I would use:-

Oats
Dried Fruit of your choice (eg apricots, cranberries, banana, goji berries etc)
Coconut shavings
sunflower seeds
walnuts
Flax seeds
Cocoa nibs

Get yourself an airtight container or a glass jar and then add as much of the above ingredients as you wish.  The largest amount will be the oats.  You can add or take away anything from the list above or add anything else that you prefer.  It really is up to you to make your muesli to your liking.  I also like to add some fresh fruit to my muesli as well like apricots, blueberries, raspberries or strawberries depending on whats in season at the time and I always add a banana.  The best time to eat fruit is in the morning for your breakfast.  I will sometimes add a bit of honey to my muesli.

I like to eat this muesli with almond milk.  I find that almond milk is really creamy and mixes well with the oats which turns it into a kind of cold porridge which is ideal if you don't have time to make porridge in the morning by warming up the milk before adding the oats.  Its really filling and you will feel like you have had a good breakfast to start the day.  

Another good breakfast would be to have 2 boiled eggs and maybe some almond or other nut butter with some carrot or celery sticks.  This is a good breakfast if you don't have much time to eat before you go to work.  You can always take these ingredients with you to work and eat them when you get there if you have an early shift or eat it on the way!

Here is another great article on what to eat for breakfast

This is a picture of my muesli that I ate this morning.  You will see that I have added some berries on the top and there are some fresh strawberries in there as well as I like to add these in the summer.  I buy a bag of frozen fruit and put some in the fridge the night before so its ready for my breakfast the next day. 





You might want to read this article too from a mentor of mine which also has some great information on what to eat for breakfast.

All the best
Andrea x


No comments:

Post a Comment