Saturday 14 September 2013

TURKEY BURGER WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES


TURKEY BURGER WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES


I was searching for a turkey burger recipe that is a bit special and with a bit of spice but I couldn't find anything so I invented my own.

I added some paprika and turmeric and some slow cooked onions cooked with 2 cloves of garlic.  Here is the recipe.

Serves 2

2 Turkey breasts (put through the processor to make mince or just buy some mince)

1 tsp paprika

1tsp turmeric

1 onion, chopped finely

2 cloves of garlic put through a garlic press

Pinch of Salt and Pepper

2 oz Grated Parmesan


Directions

I prepared this in the morning and let it sit in the fridge all day to let the flavours mix together.  

First of all I fried off the onion slowly for about 10 minutes and added the pressed garlic in the last 5 minutes. Leave the onion on one side to cool before mixing into the turkey mix.

I then minced my turkey breasts or if you have bought turkey mince add this to a bowl.  

Add the paprika, turmeric and salt and pepper and mix into the turkey mince. You can add half the parmesan at this stage as well.  Cover with cling film and put in the fridge for a few hours but this is not necessary if you want to eat them straightaway.

When you are ready to cook the burgers, mix in the onion and then use your hands to shape into burgers.  If you prefer you can add egg to help bind together but I found that I didn't need to because the oil in the onions helped to bind it all together.

Fry on a low heat for about 15 minutes.

Sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan and enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment